Eligibility & Support
Who is Eligible?
Apprentices registered with SkilledTradesBC and who meet EI Client eligibility MAY qualify for the following provincial support while attending training approved by SkilledTradesBC.
For more details on who can apply, see WorkBC Notice to Apprentices for more information.
What are the Supports?
- Private Vehicle Mileage – $0.55 / km – up to $385 per week for daily commuting
- Public transportation (including ferry) – at actual cost (receipts required)
- Parking and Toll Fees – at actual cost (receipts required)
Dependent Care – $35 / per day / per child or dependent (receipts required)
Living Away From Home – up to $245 / week (receipts required)
Transportation to and from the course location at the beginning and end of training
- Private Vehicle Mileage @$0.55 / km – Maximum $385 each way
- Public transportation including ferry, bus or airfare when necessary at actual cost (receipts required)
- Overnight accommodation for those traveling 480+kms one way – $50 / night (receipts required)
Disability Costs – $25 / day – Maximum of $175 / week
Living Support – up to $638 / week
WorkBC Apprentice Services works closely with, BC Apprentices, SkilledTradesBC, Public and Private Training Providers, WorkBC Centres, Service Canada, Industry Associations and other key stakeholders to ensure eligible Apprentices are aware of funding available and receive financial support while attending classroom training.