Apprentice Services Information
Effective April 1, 2019, WorkBC Apprentice Services is operating through a Centralized Model that provides the following benefits.
- Streamlined consistent processing of applications and financial support payments.
- Single Point Access through the toll free phone number and online chat function.
- Extended hours to accommodate the needs of Apprentices.
Who we are:
WorkBC Apprentice Services assists eligible Apprentices registered with the ITA with financial support to help them attend ITA–approved trades training.
What we do:
The WorkBC Apprentice Services team is dedicated to providing customer service excellence to assist individuals:
- Gain an awareness of the supports available to them
- Assist applicants to complete the online application process
- Process applications and provide eligible candidates with funding
WorkBC Apprentice Services works closely with BC Apprentices, Industry Training Authority (ITA), Public and Private Training Providers, WorkBC Centres, Service Canada, Industry Association and other key stakeholders to ensure eligible Apprentices are aware of funding available and receive financial support while attending classroom training.